Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Frank Zappa - Roxy and Elsewhere (1974)



So I have this memory of being wasted out of my mind on magic shrooms and listening to this album with my buddies Javi and Marisa wondering whether or not I had BBQ sauce inside my sneakers. That was my introduction to the wonderful musical world of Zappa and I may never forget it. Frank Zappa needs no introduction and this album (among many others) is a testament as to why. Released in 1974, this live album features Frank Zappa & the Mothers in one of their most acclaimed incarnations performing tracks which remained unreleased on any other Zappa album. Features highly complex instrumental sections with challenging synchronization among the musicians and their respective instruments. These guys speak in another language. You'll wonder how the fuck they managed to pull off these dazzling arrangements. A great Zappa experience nobody should miss out on.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment