Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Divine Comedy - Victory For The Comic Muse.


If Scott Walker, Bowie and Morrisey had a bukakee that sprang to life, you'd come up with something similar to Neil Hannon.
Comic Muse is the last in the repertoire of chamber pop outfit Divine Comedy. Im not going to say that this is their best record, because they have a very varied career and their share of ups and downs; BUT, this is my favorite and truly one of my most cherished pop records. Ive heard it a ludicrous amount of times.
The allegorical tune "The Plough" is a good example of Hannon's vocal range, I sing this song at the top of my fucking lungs and enjoy the hell out of it until i notice that the guy driving next to me staring perplexed. It also includes a very brave rendition of The Associate's "Party Fears Two".
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment